Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Garden Granny Update..

I've been working like crazy on this blanket! I've gotten 40 squares completed so far and 30 of them sewn together! Still have 60 more to make! I'm going to be working on this for a while I can tell already, but I'm absolutely LOVING it! The colors are most definitely me and surprisingly my husband actually likes it. To me, it's a bit girly, but I'm glad to know that he likes it well enough for it to be on the bed. So here's an updated pic of what I have sewn together. I've been using Lucy's joining method and it is making this blanket a whole lot less intimidating!


(front yard - the tree had a swing in it for Little Man, but I just noticed Monday afternoon that it was killing the limb, so it was taken down last night. I'm hoping that the limb will heal and not die!)


(The back yard.. we really need to do something with it! I'm hoping to plant a nice bunch of flowers around the yard next year.. really want to put a fence up as well but we'll have to see how money is next year)

Today looks like it's going to be a very nice day indeed! I got up early enough that I got to see that it was still a little foggy outside. I'm normally up around 7:30 and get to see this site on most days, but where I had my surgery on Tuesday, I've been laying in the bed until hubby gets up and can help me get up as well. I tell ya, I'm soooo sore! I was only supposed to have 4 holes put in me to get the gallbladder out and for some reason I have 5. Hopefully I will find out the reason for that next Wednesday. I'm so glad to have it out though.. you don't know how great it is to know that I can eat whatever I want now and not have to worry about having a gallbladder attack from it! That right there makes me not even worry about the pain I'm having from the surgery! I would really enjoy popping my back though! I do on a daily, hourly, secondly (not really lol) basis.. and my back is so incredibly stiff! I'll be glad when I'm not so sore that I can pop it.. I believe I'll feel so much better!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!
XOXO!

4 comments: