Sunday, July 10, 2011

A bit of happiness with Christmas in July!


I begun this project right around the same time as lil man's blanket. I had wanted to make a tree skirt last year for our tree and never did, so this was originally going to be ours. But it turned out that my hubby was more fond of different colors for our skirt, and after realizing that our decorations would SO not match this skirt, I was more up for the different colors as well.


I started doing both his blanket and this on June 9th.. I had to do something to keep my mind off of recent events. That Monday (6-6) I had gone to the ER for having a severe gallbladder attack, one that literally kept me up all night long. I didn't get any sleep until 9 or10 the next morning. That same day, I ended up having a M/C. I found out the next morning (Tuesday 6-7) that I did in fact have a M/C, and then the next morning (Wednesday 6-8) I had to have a D&C. I can honestly say that was probably the worst week I have ever had and I do not wish to repeat any of it ever again. But with all of that said, I'm good now. As long as I don't think about it, I'm good.


And let's face it, when you're working on a bright rainbow blanket or a very sparkly tree skirt that is turning out gorgeous, you just can't be sad! Neither are sad projects! They're both my "give-me-color-to-make-me-happy!" projects and it worked wonders!


This skirt is going to a family member that requested one, and since we're doing ours in another color, it just worked out perfectly that someone wanted it. :)


At this point I had to get on our couch to be able to get a picture of the whole thing! 

I finished it today, exactly one month later and I am SO happy with the end results! If anyone is interested in making one for yourself, you can find the pattern here. It is super simple to follow and very easy to do! I highly recommend it! And since I have 3 more to make, I'm very glad it is a simple and easy and quick pattern to do!

The only difference in this skirt is that it is 9 rows more than the pattern and I didn't do the back loop part at all, just kept in both loops throughout.

Size: 56 in. from tip to tip, and 27 in. from center to tip! This this is massive! I had to do the last photo in our kitchen floor just to have enough room!

6 comments:

  1. It's very pretty - lovely work. I hope you recuperate quickly and feel better each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree skirt looks absolutely lovely! I've got an itch to make one now, lol. As for the other unfortunate business... as a person who went through it a few days ago, I hope that by now you were able to make peace with it and move on.

    ReplyDelete