Monday, July 18, 2011

Mandala and Twiggy Tree


Besides celebrating lil man's birthday, I was also kept busy by this project! I was inspired to do a little tree thanks to Lucy and from here! I started to do the leaves.. then started do hearts, then decided to go all out and make a whole tree! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I can't help but give it a good look over every time I go into the kitchen to get something! And the best thing? Having it on my kitchen table has inspired me to keep the table CLEAN! Trust me.. that doesn't ever happen! Plus if one of my 'limbs' ever get broke, I'm sure I'll lose it! *lol*


I made it all pretty with store bought pebbles for $6 and a pretty little bow! I already had the vase.. no idea where it came from, but I'm glad it was here so I wouldn't have to grab one when I got the pebbeles. I'm glad to know I still got the skill with the bow, haven't made any in a while and I love how this one turned out :)


And I couldn't just sit it on my table, it had to have a pretty pretty to sit on as well! I had considered making a doily, but seeing as I have never made one and my Irish doily hasn't been touched in days, it just wasn't going to happen. So I made this gorgeous mandala, pattern found here, to pull the whole look together. I think it turned out sooooo good! I cannot wait til my kitchen is painted up really pretty and I have it full of crochet and craft goodness! Then I will feel complete with that room!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a great day :)

4 comments: