Monday, August 29, 2011

Good weekend!

Good day everyone! I hope everyone is having a lovely day and if you're lucky like we've been, enjoying some really great weather! I've had the windows open since Friday and it's SO nice! I absolutely cannot wait another few weeks when I'll be able to keep them up for good for a couple of months until it gets too cold. That is my favorite time of Spring and Fall, when I can open the windows and let in some fresh air, it makes the house smell so nice!

We had a really good weekend. Saturday, hubby's mamaw's family threw a family reunion that lil man
and I went to. Didn't know many of the people there, but lil man did get to spend time with his favorite cousin C! They play SO good together! The only way we could get them to agree to leave so we could all go home, was to promise them that we would come out to C's house later that day.


No sooner than lil man got up from his nap, he was asking about him and asking if we were going to go play with C. So out there we went and the boys just had a blast! Lil man did NOT want to leave when it was time to go, but my goodness it was after 11 p.m. at this point and I was shocked he was even still going! It was good to go out and spend time with the family though. Hubby's aunt D is one of my favorite people ever.. we can talk about anything and everything and it just feels nice to have someone to relate to about stuff. Plus I love seeing lil C! Other than my lil man, he's got a huge part of my heart to his name!
Can't believe this lil guy is already about to turn 5 and is Kindergarten!

After all that fun, I've been crocheting up a storm this weekend! Of course now my hand is protesting any sort of crafting, so I haven't even touched any yarn this morning! I think I'm going through withdrawls! I really want to get back to work on my scarf (progress pic in just a minute!)

Projects include another tree skirt, this one done for my parents:

The lion hat for my uncle:

And a hat order from one of my friends:

That last hat has become a popular order! I love it though!

Then finally, the last time I got to work on this was Friday night.. going to try and pick it back up today because it's screaming for me to work on it:

So as you can see, I've had a pretty productive weekend! Very proud of myself for getting 3 crochet projects done! Still have 2 more tree skirts to get started, one for us and one for my grandparents. That one is going to be sort of a surprise gift. My grandpa asked how much for one to be made, told him, then decided it's going to be a gift! I bet they'll be so excited!
Anyways.. gotta hop off of here, got to go to work in a bit! Hope everyone has a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. You do some great work! And I love the lion hat! I've been looking for a pattern to make one for a friend but can't find a good pattern anywhere! Is there anyway to get the pattern to that hat or a pattern like it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy, Amazing post...i am a newbie at crocheting & most of my crochet work is for my 2.5 yr old son...mostly becos he cannot/does not complain on the size, colour combination & how it looks :)
    Well, i also had a question abt the lion cap you made for your uncle. How did you get the mane? Is it similar to making the fringe on scarfs? It would be quite laborious...if there is any pattern for a lion beanie cap/hat. pls do let me know...thanks for the gr8 inspiration..

    ReplyDelete